For stage one of my construction I added my main image which fills up the entire page. Using Photoshop I used the mask tool to make my model a separate layer to the background. By doing this I was able to make the background grey scale and put the main focus on the artist. I used the curves tool to manipulate the brightness and contrast on the image and bring out colours and facial features. I added a tattoo to the neck and a slight stubble to my artist as well. I used the mask tool again to darken my models colour, add I blonde streak and also change the eye colour to bring them out slightly as the photo was quite dark. The final edit I did to my model was add an earring to fit the rock theme. At the top of the page I added my masthead and a selling line giving some information about what is inside the magazine. At the bottom of the page I added the magazine tagline and a bar code.
For the next stage of my magazine I added in the name of the band. I did this by creating black rectangle shape across the page with white outlines to add clarity. For the band name I used a very basic thick bold font so the text was easy to read. Next to the band name I added a small amount of text to fill space. On the left hand side of this I created a circle with the magazine logo in it. On one side of the magazine I added a 'plus' section which I will later fill with images of artists. On the other side I added some band/artists name to show what else is featured in the magazine
In the final stage of my magazine I had to move the masthead over to the left to make for the 'free CD' box. I completed the plus box by adding three close up shots of different artists. Underneath the band name I added a quote. Each word I separated and added a box underneath too make it look broken up an disjointed. In the bottom left hand corner I added a paint splatter effect with some band names over the top followed by 'hottest tour ever'.



No comments:
Post a Comment