For the first stage of my construction I created the effect of a ripped piece of paper, I did this literally by ripping a piece of paper and scanning it onto the computer. In the top left I added the IPC Media logo followed by some contact information. Underneath this I placed a picture of my (not yet completed) front cover and a recycle logo at the bottom. On the main part of page I added a two large red boxes reading 'let's go mental' using the warp tool and various rubber tools on Photoshop I created a 'worn' effect. At the bottom of the page I 'recycled' a previous attempt at a double page spread and turned it into a poster. Again using the warp tool, I edited a red box too make it look more interesting and added the words FREE! and HUGE POSTER! in a separate black box below it. At the top of the page I added a black box reading 'Contents, what's inside...' I got this idea from Kerrang! and remade it myself in an original way.
For the next stage of my contents page I added two more images of features of my magazine, a picture of my already completed double page spread and an album cover of my own personal band. I used the same effect as used previously for created page numbers and page description. On the left hand side I added the completed version on my front page and editors notes. I moved the contents box slightly to the left to make room for the magazine logo which I intend to add.
For the final step of my construction I added an image of the editor and a signature. On the left I completed this section with the magazine logo and a short piece of text which talks about the main article advertised on the front page.



No comments:
Post a Comment