Monday, 30 September 2013

NME & Kerrang! Rate Cards

NME's rate card shows that the majority of people that read the magazine are male (63%) and 37% are female. The mean age of people that read the magazine is 25 which clearly proves that the majority of the audience is young however it still has an older audience. I feel this rate card really helps to give more background information on the particular magazine. It highlights key details which are relevant and useful.




Kerrang!'s rate card shows that the mean age is also 25 showing that both magazines must use a similar style to appeal to such a similar audience. Both of these magazines are also available in a digital format which is useful to the current younger generation who are widely using electronic devices to read.




I have learnt many detailed facts about the type of people who buy certain music magazines. This could help me when it comes to making my music magazine. I would know what content to choose, to appeal to the type of people who would generally buy my music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment